Our mission is to provide excellent classical ballet instruction that trains the whole dancer in order to help students understand themselves not only as an artist and performer, but also as a person.
Ballet Theater of Phoenix is a school where students come to develop their artistry, skill, understanding, and passion for classical ballet. We offer the finest quality education in a beautiful new training facility in the heart of Phoenix. Our faculty brings a blend of experience, knowledge, artistry, and compassion to the studio. This creates an environment where each student is guided to reach their fullest potential. We see not only what the student has to offer right now, but what they have the ability to become with careful, individualized instruction. Ballet Theater of Phoenix is dedicated to nurturing a future generation of dancers, perpetuating the art of the classical ballet, and passing on the rich heritage of ballet to future generations.
Our school curriculum follows the ABT National Training Curriculum.
ABT’s National Training Curriculum is a program for the development and training of young students that embraces sound ballet principles and incorporates elements of the French, Italian and Russian schools of training. Under the direction of ABT Artistic Director Kevin McKenzie, ABT’s National Training Curriculum was designed and written by Franco De Vita and Raymond Lukens in collaboration with ABT’s Artistic Advisors and the Medical Advisory Board. ABT’s National Training Curriculum aims to assist beginning through advanced teachers in training dance students to use their bodies correctly, focusing on kinetics and coordination, as well as anatomy and proper body alignment. Artistically, the National Training Curriculum strives to provide dance students with a rich knowledge of classical ballet technique and the ability to adapt to all styles and techniques of dance.
Our faculty is comprised of experienced dance-educators who have immersed themselves in the art of dance. BTP teachers continue to educate themselves and grow as artists in order to maintain the highest standard of excellence in dance education.
Ballet Theatre of Phoenix is happy to be the home of Convergence Ballet. They have become Phoenix’s answer to the summer-long drought; offering both dancers and dance enthusiasts alike the opportunity to enjoy an evening of quality ballet pieces with an edge. Convergence Ballet dancers push themselves to explore different movements rooted in classical ballet; capturing the audience whether they are wearing slippers, pointe shoes or bare feet.
Job Opening: Ballet Instructor
Ballet Theatre of Phoenix seeks experienced and effective Ballet Instructors for our 2020-2021 School-Year for students ages 3 through 8 years old.
Ballet Instructor Qualifications and Competencies
- At least 2 years of teaching experience in the field of classical ballet
- Highly organized
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative
- Pedagogical training such as a degree in dance or a teaching certification in classical ballet such as ABT or RAD or commensurate teaching experience and skill preferred
- Professional performing experience in ballet preferred
Ballet Instructor Responsibilities
- Provide rigorous and effective ballet training that follows Ballet Theatre of Phoenix’s curriculum
- Create a warm, caring, and inspirational classroom environment
- Manage the classroom effectively to minimize disruptions and maximize student focus and effort
- Work with School Directors to create age- and level-appropriate choreography for School Productions
Why teach for BTP?
- We provide targeted and on-going teacher training in Ballet Theatre of Phoenix’s curriculum
- We value and care for our teachers
- Our school has a strong community-based culture
- We offer free open adult classes at Ballet Theatre of Phoenix to all our Faculty
To be considered for an interview, interested applicants should email their Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Ballet Instructor. Facebook messages regarding the position will not be accepted.
Work Study Positions Available
Ballet Theatre of Phoenix is seeking hard-working and dedicated ballet students for our 2019-2020 Work Study Program. Work Study students receive Free Tuition in exchange for hours spent working for the studio.
- Cleaning public spaces
- Maintaining Studio spaces
- Maintaining exercise equipment
- Administrative tasks
Work Study students generally spend 5.5 hours a week in service in exchange for tuition for our Level 4, 5 or 6 classes which meet 2-4 times per week. Work Study students are expected to perform in all Ballet Theatre of Phoenix Productions such as Nutcracker Swing! and our Spring Performance.
Positions for the 2019 Summer Intensive as well as our 2019-2020 School Year are now open and are available by audition only.
If you are interested in auditioning, contact Assistant Director, Belinda DePasquale at email@example.com and include one dance picture, head shot, and a 2-3 paragraph Cover Letter detailing why you make a good candidate for our program.
Applicants must be 16 or older and should have at least 2 years prior dance training.